Saturday, June 28, 2008

Unconditional

Written spring of '08; about a best friend of mine.

Unconditional
No one will know if it is the love I give or the pain you feel
but it is endless.
Endless in a world of ignorance and medical undertakings.
The scars on your arm bruise my heart
and each day I look upon the past
the past that has turned my tomorrows and changed them into yesterdays.
We are lost.
Lost on this abyssmal map with no true lines or keys.
It is you who has ventured away, away from the pack.
As I watch from afar, unconditionally.
When you need directions, I'll be your guide.
But please, return home safe.
Your a star who has died, but the light has not yet reached the earth.
and each night I gaze upon and make a wish
because you are the first star I see in the sky,
the only one.
You are my wish, my return home safe and sound.
But we are running, endlessly tossed through open arms
and those who do not wish to see below our skin.

-unfinished-

No comments: