Monday, June 30, 2008

Freedom

Written at DYWC '08; About, once again, use your imagination... hah.

I dont know if it was the day I bled for my sins,
crumpled in the shower
with the water beading down my knees and back
But somehow I fell from my tower.
What I thought once was steady turned to be only made of sand
and melted into the ocean, each droplet like a hand pulling me away.
So today is the day
I throw up my hands
because life is subtle, yet sweet.
and you, my dear, have closed the gates and locked me out.
But I have found another route to enlightment.
You threw away the keys
but I chistled my way out from the confines of you.
and every road I swept, feet dragging, hands worn
lead me to another set of astray keys,
another barrier in which I lost myself.
I have freed my mind from a mass jumble of vacant words and disunited promises.
And I am renewed.

No comments: