Saturday, June 28, 2008

Circle

Written in spring of '08. About... GUESS WHO? Hah.

oh we've exchanged so many words,
but its as if none have been spoken at all.
and i shut my eyes and lick my lips
as if something might escape from them
but ive run dry.
and this circle that we've drawn around ourselves is closing in to suffocate
this circle of unevoked emotion and tolerance from being free
sometimes the fastest way to get there is to go slow
but sometimes if you want to be free you've got to let go.
and you've dropped the rope, projecting me into that black abyss
that circle
that place of emotional tendancies
where all i can do is slide against the walls
and go round and round with myself, hoping for that spark of light
because circles have no end no beginning.
no rigid places for you to crawl into and wait.
wait for that spark of light. from you.
you have reached the end of our circle and closed it off with 'goodnight.'
and sometimes the fastest way to get there is to go slow
but sometimes if you want to be free you've got to hurt.
A retreat to red hair won't sooth your soul
and when you come back to rediscover me
i will have already left for nirvana.
I dont not wish for bon voyage, but an ending to our circle.
I have ran and i have crashed, falling down falling down.
and despite all barriers, you're here in spite when i close my eyes to dream at night
and my dreams continue
continue in a circle.

No comments: