Thursday, October 9, 2008

Knife

I don’t believe a single vowel or consonant you say

But that doesn’t stop them from slithering into my ears

And hanging somewhere around my temporal lobe.

Oh, it’s so funny how words are perceived so different

When they are in lyrics.

Would you mind sliding a clean switchblade in between my asymetrical shoulder blades,

One side heavier than the other due to unbalanced conversation between two people.

You really should learn how to listen.

I seem to have misplaced the last one that landed clean,

Like a bow and arrow.

Bull’s eye.

So, please, entertain me with your sachets and clean cut grammar.

I will sit here and dig dirt out from underneath my fingernails

That left my name on the ragged skin of your spine.

I’ll accept that knife into my back

And grin as it peeks through my central nervous system

Sending tingles down my spine

I chuckled when you shut the door in my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh god what are you trying to say. I am a good listener. But maybe ill continue pretending to be bad at it so I can inspire some more good writing.
xo nate